BIG STORIES OF THURSDAY
1. Mehsana/New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi levels allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP rebuts charges, Congress hits back and says, the credibility of PM Modi is at stake
2. New Delhi/Mumbai: Day 44 of Demonetisation: Queues ease outside banks but Cash crunch continue in ATMs; RBI takes U-turn and says Now, customers can deposit more than Rs 5,000 in old notes
3. New Delhi: The Electronic and Information Technology Ministry on Wednesday claimed that more than 70% of rural citizens have started using e-wallets.
4. New Delhi: Encouraging digital transactions further, the government on Wednesday asked all public sector banks to lower the charges for various forms of electronic payments up to March 31, 2017.
5. New Delhi: The Centre decided to bring in an ordinance to amend the Payment of Wages Act for allowing business and industrial establishments to pay salaries through cheques or electronically.
6. New Delhi: RBI imposes monetary penalty on 5 banks for violation of RBI’s instructions on reporting requirements of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
7. New Delhi: Based on allegations of digital wallet company Paytm, CBI has registered a fresh case against seven purported customers of the company alleging that they had cheated it to the tune of Rs 3.21 lakh through 37 orders spread over last two years.
8. Varanasi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address BJP’s booth committee members on December 22; It is his first tour of his parliamentary constituency since demonetisation
9. Varanasi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ at Banaras Hindu University and address the students on December 22.
10. Bahraich: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to address a rally in Bahraich on December 22 at 1 PM; Congress plans to take demonetisation fight among the people in a big way
11. Ranchi: Arvind Kejriwal to address public rally on Thursday at 11 AM, set to expose corruption behind demonetisation, He termed demonetisation as a scandal to write off the debts of capitalists
12. Lucknow: Hardik Patel to hold kisan mahapanchayat in Lucknow on Thursday at 1 PM; Patel will also campaign against the BJP on problems faced by farmers and demonetisation
13. New Delhi: RBI governor to brief Parliamentary Committee on Finance over demonetisation issues; The briefing will start at 11 AM at the Parliament annexe building on Thursday – might get canceled.
14. New Delhi: Meeting of GST Council is scheduled to take place on December 22 & 23; Government says, all efforts being made to implement GST from April 1
15. New Delhi: Chief Executive Officer of NITI Aayog Amitabh Kant said just one per cent of India’s more than 1.25 billion population pays Income Tax and the country cannot afford as high as 95 per cent of its economy making cash transactions.
16. Chennai: Income Tax Department carried out searches at over dozen places in two states against the son and some relatives of Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary P Rama Mohana Rao during which they claimed to have seized Rs 18 lakh cash and gold bars.
17. Islamabad: In a surprise move, a top Pakistani General has invited India to join the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, saying New Delhi should "shun enmity" with Islamabad and jointly reap the benefit of the multi-billion dollar project.
18. Beijing: India’s move to charge sheet Masood Azhar in the Pathankot terror attack appears to have not made much impact on China as Beijing said any move by New Delhi to bring about a UN ban on the JeM chief must be in line with rules and procedures laid down by the Security Council.
19. Panaji: Banks to again auction Kingfisher Villa at Condolim in north Goa on December 22 at a reserve price of Rs 81 crore; This villa was once used by Mallya to host lavish parties
20. Lucknow: Day 2: Legislative Assembly Session of Uttar Pradesh continues: BJP demands Azam Khan’s resignation for his remark on the sensational Bulandshahr gangrape case
21. New Delhi: Aircel Maxis deal matter: A special court will pronounce on Thursday its order on framing charge against Dayanidhi Maran and Kalanithi Maran
22. New Delhi: Delhi High Court adjourns hearing on Vodafone case challenging the penalty recommendation by TRAI, for Thursday
23. New Delhi: विजय माल्या के खिलाफ दायर ईडी की याचिका पर पटियाला हाउस कोर्ट 22 दिसंबर को सुनवाई करेगा।
24. New Delhi: हाईकोर्ट ने करीब दो माह से लापता जेएनयू छात्र नजीब अहमद के मामले में दायर याचिका पर 22 दिसंबर को सुनवाई करेगा।
25. New Delhi: हाई कोर्ट दिल्ली के पूर्व मुख्यमंत्री शीला दीक्षित के दमाद की ओर से दायर याचिका पर 22 दिसंबर को सुनवाई करेगा।
26. Lucknow: High Court queries Election commission on Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls schedule; further hearing on the matter is scheduled for December 22
27. New Delhi: High Court seeks Centre’s stand on fixing MRP of coronary stents; further hearing on December 22
28. Jaipur: Hearing in High Court on Government appeal on Special Backward Classes quota on December 22
29. New Delhi: Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Minister of Information & Broadcasting and Urban Development and Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, will release the Government of India Calendar 2017 on the theme “Mera Desh Badal Raha Hai, Aage Badh Raha Hai” and will also release the Press in India 2015-16 report. The Minister will also address a Press Meet on Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban). Shri. Rao Inderjit Singh, Minister of State for Urban Development and Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation and Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore, Minister of State for Information & Broadcasting will also be present on the occasion at 11 AM at National Media Centre.
30. New Delhi: Hon’ble Minister for Women & Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to give away National Awards to Anganwadi Workers for the year 2014-15 and 2015-16. Hon’ble MoS WCD, Smt Krishna Raj will also be present at 10 AM at Convention Hall, The Ashoka, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
31. Muzaffarnagar: On December 22, Rashtriya Lok Dal president Ajit Singh is scheduled to address a ‘Kisan’ rally in Muzaffarnagar.
32. Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Assembly election 2017: The Deputy EC will be in Lucknow on December 22.
33. New Delhi: "December 22" marks as National Mathematics Day in India
34. New Delhi: Delhi to host event on "Women’s Economic and Social Rights in India
35. Panaji: Nitin Gadkari to lay foundation stone for 4/6 laning of NH in Goa on Thursday
36. Shillong: Shri Shripad Naik to formally inaugurate the North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Homoeopathy on Thursday
37. Chennai: Sri Lankan PM to visit Tirumala temple on Dec 22
38. Bathinda: Make December 22 ‘Gurbani Day’, appeals Harsimrat Kaur Badal
39. Nashik: 5th Ankur film fest to be held in Nashik from Thursday
1853: Sarada Devi, Indian mystic and philosopher (D. 1920)
18b7: Shreenivas Ramanujam, famous Indian mathematician (D.1920)
1947: Dilip Doshi, Indian cricketer
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
1807: The U.S. Congress passed the Embargo Act prohibiting trading with European nations.
1851: The first freight train is operated in Roorkee, India.
1921: Opening of Visva-Bharati College, also known as Santiniketan College, now Visva Bharati University, India.
1939: Indian Muslims observe a "Day of Deliverance" to celebrate the resignations of members of the Indian National Congress over their not having been consulted over the decision to enter World War II with the United Kingdom.
1940: Manvendranath Rai established the Radical Democratic Party.
1992: Lok Sabha adopts the constitution amendment bills regarding Panchayati Raj and Nagarapalika Bills and decentralization of power to the village level.
1995: A Russian-made AN-26 plane forced to land in Bombay following Intelligence Bureau tip off that it could be the suspected aircraft which dropped arms at Purulia.
1998: The Patents Bill gets Rajya Sabha approval.
2000: Three Army jawans die in an attack by a suicide squad of Lakshar-e-Taiba at the Red Fort in Delhi leading to a 45-minute gun-battle.
2001: British citizen Richard Reid, otherwise known as the “shoe bomber” is stopped by passengers from detonating explosives in his shoes on an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami. The flight makes an emergency landing in Boston.
📢Team Jk 24X7 News Delhi📢